2010-10-04

[健康] Oct. 2nd, Nuci’s SPACE 5k

I have to say Oct. 2nd was a nice day, sunny and calm. It was a little bit chilly but not bad at all. Not bad for a morning run. Actually, Freya did her 12 miles long run and I participated The 7th Annual S.P.A.C.E. Race 5K.

It was my second 5K race this year. The first one was the Athens Twilight 5K in April. It took me 20:04 to finish the 5K last time. This time I wanted something under 20 to set a new PR.

Freya’s long run ended at the start of my 5K. We planed her long run route the night before so she could finish her training and meet me at the start of the 5K to cheer for me. And of course, she took some photos. This is me before the race.

102_0582

My labmates John and Lauren also ran the race. Cindy participated as a volunteer. Actually it was Cindy who informed us about the Nuci’s SPACE run.

102_0583

The race started in some traditional way which I had no idea what it was. I just started running when I sensed others were moving. Smile Yes, I was at the front line.

102_0586

The whole run was OK. I did not feel very well. It was like lack of energy. I had the feeling that I wanted to go faster but I couldn’t because there was no fuel in the tank. Maybe I was too excited, I don’t know. All that I could do was to keep my pace, and keep going. that’s it…

This is me towards the finish. Freya took this photo and then the battery of the camera died. There was no video when I was passing the finish this time. We planned it, but did not check the battery.

102_0587

I finished the third overall. The final results were not posted yet as of now, but I finished under 20 minutes for sure. I am happy with the result.

After the race, a mild pancreatitis episode attacked me. I had to take pain medicine and stay in bed. The pain lasted about 8 hours. I don’t think the race is the cause of the attack. It probably would happen no matter what. It might have affected my performance. Yeah, I believe I could have done better.

Anyway, what has been done has been done. Training will continue. Looking forward to my next race, the Athens Half Marathon!

update: I found more photos here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGE:不得不说,看这里的照片和豆瓣里的比较,这张精神头特好啊!~~恭喜恭喜啊!~~


----------雅讶

Post a Comment