2010-11-04

Athens Half Marathon Runners, Let Me Show You How to get your running proof photos, for free

If you participated the Athens, GA half Marathon like me, you probably already got several emails from the PBC Sports Photography telling you that your photo are ready. When I got this email, I was so excited and went to their website to see the photos of my girlfriend, my friends, and of course myself. This is our first half marathon and we trained very hard for it. I finished 42 overall and 8th in my age group. Qing met her goal to finish in 2 hours. We all want the proof for sure. Plus, I managed to smile to every each photographer while I was running and I want to share the smile with all my family and friends.

So, you can imagine how happy I was when I saw my photos following the link in that email. After browsing all my picture, I naturally right licked the mouse on the photo and expected to see the right-click menu with the "save image as" option. Sadly, nothing happened. Then I realized that this side banned the right-mouse-click to prevent people from downloading pics directly.

Well, that's nothing new. They are trying to sell the pictures to you. That's the whole purpose of the business. They took your picture, give you some low resolution ones to preview, and sell you the high resolution ones. I think it's a good idea. The thing is, I do not have that $50 and I can survive with low resolution pics. (If you upload your photos to facebook or other picture hosting services, they probably will down sample it anyway.) So I decide to get the pictures on the website.

It's actually very simple, you go to the website following the link in your email, after it is fully loaded, copy and paste the code bellow into the address box of your browser and hit "Enter" key on your keyboard. A small window will popup, just click the small "OK" button on it. Now you can use right mouse click on the website.

javascript:alert(document.oncontextmenu='')

This is one more thing: when I right click on the photo I want to save, there is no the "save image as" option in the right-click menu. I used "save page as" option instead and save the webpage. When save the webpage, be sure to choose the "save as type" to be "webpage, complete". If you have multiple photos to save, just left click on the small version of the photo you want to download on the left side, and then right click and save the webpage. The program will warn you the same files are already there. Just choose overwrite when asked (Believe me, nothing critical will be overwritten).

When all this is done, just go the folder the webpage was saved. You will see one html file and a folder with the same name, go into the folder, you pictures will be there. There are going to be a lot files in the folder. Just sort the files by size. Your photos will be the JPG files with largest file size.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment